Like all Barbers Hill programs, our Tuition-PreK sets a standard of excellence for students. Historical data for this pre-kindergarten program indicates that children who have completed the BH Tuition-PreK program score higher on average on end-of-year kindergarten tests than students who have not completed our program.
- Child must be 4 years old by September 1
- Must reside within the BHISD district boundaries OR
- Parent or grandparent is employed by BHISD
- Seats are limited
- 8:35 am - 4:00 pm (regular schedule for elementary campuses)
- Follows the BHISD school calendar
- Certified teachers in Early Childhood Education
- Cost $750/mo. (10 month program)
- Non-refundable $100 fee must be submitted with application
- Includes breakfast, lunch, enrichment experiences, and initial school supplies
- Focus on early literacy, pre-reading, vocabulary development, letter and number recognition, concept development, patterns, shape identification, and the development of social skills
- Formative assessments and report cards every nine weeks
- Cumulative assessments given at beginning of year, mid-year, and year-end
- Special events with family involvement
- Outstanding school facilities
- Certified counselor on staff
- Librarian and multi-media resources
- Registered nurse on staff
- Comprehensive computer literacy program
- Enrichment experiences (field trips, community visits, local outings, etc.)
- Bus transportation included
Enrolling in Tuition Pre-K Program
Applications will be accepted electronically beginning April 11, 2023.
More information about the Tuition Pre-K program can be found in the 2023-24 Tuition Pre-K Enrollment Packet. For questions, please contact campus registrar, Ginger Alexander.
To enroll your child in Tuition Pre-K, please visit the Tuition Pre-K Registration webpage.
Parents of students with special needs, please contact Stephanie Martin, Executive Director of Special Services for admission process.
School supplies are provided as part of the tuition. However, some personal items will be required for each student:
- Regular sized backpack
- Nap roll (easily transportable for taking home periodically for washing, see example below)
- Water bottle with spill-proof lid labeled with their name (see examples below)
- Change of clothing (shirt, shorts, socks, underwear) placed in a Ziploc bag labeled with their name
Nap Roll Example
Water Bottle Example
Water Bottle Example